Tech Safe Systems Ltd have an opening in our Design Team and are seeking an experienced Electrical Design Engineer.
The purpose of the role will be to utilise the Autodesk Product Design Suite, primarily AutoCAD Electrical, to design electrical systems. Producing electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, layout drawings and PLC programs for manufacture; to support production requirements and development of existing and new products. Systems to be designed will include, but not limited to, control cabins, star delta starters, soft starts, PLC control panels etc. as required by the business needs. The detailed 3D models and 2D drawings are to be created in accordance with relevant European and International standards to meet customer driven and in-house specifications. During the production phase it is a function of the successful candidate to liaise with Production personnel and possible subcontractors to ensure that a quality product is delivered timely to achieve the complete satisfaction of our Customers.
The successful candidate will possess the necessary qualifications and experience to carry out the following (although not limited to) key tasks:
• Operate the 2D electrical design system (Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical)
• Operate the 3D CAD system (Autodesk Inventor Professional)
• Produce concept 2D schematics & 3D models through to approved detailed drawings
• Lead and control design projects and design change to support business needs
• Perform design calculations to meet applicable codes and standards or classification society requirements
• Provide technical support and advice for Sales enquiries and quotations
• Provide technical instructions to Production and Subcontractors and monitor for timely and efficient completion of tasks to achieve promised delivery
• Working to set timescales and budgets
• Produce progress reporting as required to verify timely completion of tasks
Full job description is available on request.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and covering letter expressing your interest in this position either by email to David Blood (email@example.com) or by post to Tech Safe Ltd, Shuttleworth Close, Gapton Hall Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0NQ