The Mk4 Slewing Crane Launch and Recovery System (LARS) is designed for observation class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs).
Built on top of a slewing ring, the whole system is able to rotate 360°, combined with a hydraulically actuated arm enables full control of the stowage and launch position of the ROV and it’s TMS (Tether Management System). This combination makes the Mk4 LARS perfect for ship decks that have limited space and minimal overhead clearance.
Fully controlled through a radio remote control, the operator is able to keep clear of all moving parts, maintaining safe working practices.
- Dimensions (mm): 3,400 (L) x 2,200 (W) x 5,000 (H)
- Launch SWL (kg): Up to 2,200
- Outreach (m): Up to 3.0
- Operating Conditions: Lloyds Sea State 6, 3.9m Significant Wave Height
- Power Requirements: 380-460V AC 3Ph 50/60Hz
- Rating Options: Safe Area or Zone 2 ATEX
- Design Temperature (°C): -20°C to +50°C
- Certification: Lloyd’s Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment
- Max. Drum Capacity: • 1,600m x 30-31mm • 2,400m x 25-26mm • 2,900m x 20-21mm