The Mk3 Self Ballast Crane Launch and Recovery System (LARS) is a compact system with a small footprint, which offers a plug in and play quick start operating. Designed to launch off an Oil and Gas Platform or Jack-Up without the need to secure the Mk3 to the deck.
For security and transit the crane is stowed away with the Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) safely housed underneath and the gates are locked in place around the system. The gates can be folded back and locked into place during operation.
The ballast tank fitted to the rear of the Mk3 allows for 650liters of (fresh / salt) water to be held providing a fully counterbalanced system; removing the need for welding to the deck.
- Dimensions (mm): 2,100 (L) x 2,550 (W) x 2,184 (H) as standard
- Launch SWL (kg): Up to 605
- Outreach (m): Up to 5.6
- Operating Conditions: Lloyds Sea State 6, 3.9m Significant Wave Height
- Power Requirements: 380-460V AC 3Ph 50/60Hz
- Rating Options: Safe Area or Zone 2 ATEX
- Design Temperature (°C): -20°C to +50°C
- Certification: BS EN 12079 for offshore lifting, Lloyd’s Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment
- Max. Drum Capacity: • 430m x 25-26mm • 700m x 20-21mm • 1,100m x 14-15mm • 2,100m x 10-11mm