The Mk2 A-Frame Launch & Recovery System (LARS) is designed for observation and light work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and their associated Tether Management System (TMS).
The A-Frame can be erected using the systems own rams without the need of any external lifting devices. This simplifies and reduces the cost of mobilisation and commissioning to a new location.
The ROV and TMS are stowable within the Mk2 for security and transportation, providing a ‘single lift’ solution for quicker mobilisation. The standard base frame is designed to standard ISO 20ft container dimensions and fitted with corner casts for easier shipment. The crash frame is fitted around the winch and HPU with additional protection during transport provided by the A-Frame in its stowed position.
- Dimensions (mm): 6,058 (L) x 2,428 (W) x 2,611 (H) as Standard
- Launch SWL (kg): Up to 3,500
- Outreach (m): Up to 3.5
- Operating Conditions: Lloyds Sea State 6, 3.9m Significant Wave Height
- Power Requirements: 380-460V AC 3Ph 50/60Hz
- Rating Options: Safe Area or Zone 2 ATEX
- Design Temperature (°C): -20°C to +50°C
- Certification: BS EN 12079 for offshore lifting, Lloyd’s Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment
- Max. Drum Capacity: • 2,200m x 30-31mm • 2,600m x 25-26mm • 3,300m x 20-21mm